Best Places to Bird in Ontario covers the top 30 birding destinations in Ontario, with up-to-date information on hard to find species, directions, birding tips, and much more!
We’re excited to announce it’s release after spending the last couple of years preparing our book — Best Places to Bird in Ontario — scheduled for release in Spring 2019!
If you’re willing to pick up your copy from us (scroll down to see a list of places where we’ll be this spring) we are offering signed copies for $25 (HST included)! Contact us with your details and we’ll arrange a payment option (we accept cash in person, cheque, or etransfer).
Otherwise, you can order directly from Amazon for the list price of $24.95.
Spring 2019 events (where you can pick up your copy!):
- April 6; Etobicoke: Wild Birds Unlimited, book signing (2-4pm)
- April 6+7; Winchester: Barkleyvale Farms Maple Weekend (10-4 daily)
- April 14; Prince Edward County: OFO field trip (all day)
- April 15; Burlington: Hamilton Bird Study Group (~7-9 pm) – pick up only
- April 20; Guelph: Wild Birds Unlimited, book signing (1-3 pm)
- April 27; Peterborough: Cork & Bean book launch/signing (7-9 pm)
- April 28; Gravenhurst: Muskoka Discovery Centre presentation (2 pm)
- April 29; Waterloo: Waterlo Region Nature (7:30-9:30 pm) – pick up only
- May 4-14; Point Pelee National Park: one or both of us will be in the park daily
- May 6; Toronto: Toronto Ornithological Club presentation (7:30 pm)
- May 10; Pelee Wings Nature Store: book signing/booth at the 23rd annual Optics Expo & Sale (1-3 pm)
- May 11; Point Pelee National Park and the Friend’s of Point Pelee: lunch and learn presentation followed by book signing (12:30 pm)
- May 18; Prince Edward County: Spring Birding Festival hike (8 am) then book-signing (11 am)
- May 19; Presqu’ile Provincial Park: Warblers and Whimbrels weekend book-signing (9 am)
- May 25; Huron Fringe Birding Festival: keynote speaker and hike leaders
In addition to those events, Ken lives in Kitchener and Mike lives in Peterborough. Both places will have lots of pickup opportunities. Mike will also be in the Kingston-Ottawa area several times. We will arrange at least one pickup day in Hamilton, Niagara, Toronto, and several other places (depending on demand) this spring.